Free Webinar, Akita Rescues and More This Week!
Free Webinar from Herbsmith, Inc.: Focus on Digestion
TOMORROW, Wednesday, September 19th at 8pmEDT/7pmCST Herbsmith, Inc. is presenting a free webinar on your pet’s digestive health.
- Discover how a good regimen of food, activity, and supplements can help your pet thrive.
- Learn the traditional Chinese perspectives associated with digestion and how it can be applied to common digestive problems.
- Get the opportunity to talk with Chris Bessent, DVM, holistic veterinarian and founder of Herbsmith, Inc.
Visit Herbsmith, Inc.’s website for more info and to register. It’s FREE!
Wisconsin Akita Rescue at EOTL This Saturday!
Stop by the Mukwonago store this Saturday, September 21st between 2-4pm to check out adoptables from the WI Akita Rescue.
The Case for Raw Pet Food
Excerpted from Healthy Pets with Dr. Karen Becker via mercola.com:
- Despite public pressure against it, the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) recently passed a resolution designed to discourage the feeding of raw diets to dogs and cats.
- The reasons given for the anti-raw resolution are so flawed they invite widespread suspicion about the real motives behind the AVMA’s stance.
- The AVMA fails to explain how handling raw food intended for pets is more dangerous than handling raw food intended for humans. It also fails to explain how commercial raw pet food, which is rarely if ever recalled for contaminants, is less safe than processed pet food, which is the subject of routine, large-scale recalls.
- To date, there have been ZERO reported cases of human illness caused by feeding raw diets to pets.
- Dr. Becker remains a staunch advocate of raw food diets for healthy dogs and cats and dismisses the AVMA anti-raw resolution as without foundation.
Click here to read the full article and commentary.
This Week’s Adoptable Pet
The lucky family that adopts this pet featured here on our blog will receive a coupon from HAWS good for a “congratulations” gift bag from End of the Leash!
To learn more about how to adopt through HAWS, please visit their adoption page. You may also give them a call at 262.542.8851.
I’m Lucky and I KNOW I am Lucky to be here at HAWS because they understand just what kind of home I need. I am a 7 year old Pit Bull Terrier/American Bulldog mix that needs someone that is BIG like me. You see, I am strong and just a little goofy so I tend to get a little too wiggly and waggly for my own good…I would just love some obedience training because my new owner should learn how to control my doggie enthusiasm.
I am not too fond of other dogs (it’s probably that goofy stuff) but I really respect cats; they kind of scare me. Older kids are OK because of my size but I would knock the younger ones right over. So, if you want a big silly guy to have fun with, then stop on over to HAWS and meet me…you will soon see that I am the best!!
ALSO…I was on TMJ4’s The Morning Blend yesterday! Click here to see me :)
Would you like to send out a Christmas card featuring your favorite furry friend?
Lori from Vision Photography will be at EOTL Mukwonago on Saturday October 27th to take your pet’s picture!
Photos will be fully photo shopped and cropped, and you will receive a CD with a minimum of 5 shots (more if your pet loves to pose!).
Call us at 262-363-3338 to schedule your appointment!
Talk to Dr. Claudeen Mc Auliffe About Pet Behavioral Issues
Dr. Claudeen Mc Auliffe from HAWS will be in Mukwonago every third Thursday of the month to answer your questions on behavioral issues and offer techniques and supplement suggestions that may help. She will also be in Pewaukee every fourth Thursday.
Her next visits are:
Thursday, September 20th, 4:30-6:30pm
Thursday, October 18th, 4:30-6:30pm
Thursday, September 27th, 4:30-6:30pm
Thursday, October 25th, 4:30-6:30pm
Dr. Claudeen Mc Auliffe, Ph.D., M.Ed., CAP-2, CDBC, manages the Behavior Department at the Humane Animal Welfare Society in Waukesha, WI and is an adjunct faculty member in the Biology Department at Carroll University, Waukesha, WI. She is a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (IAABC) and a certified Level 2 Tellington TTouch® practitioner for companion animals.
Talk to Your Pet
Animal Communicator Rebecca Moravec will be here at EOTL Mukwonago on Wednesday, October 3rd from noon-4pm.
Find out what your animal is thinking and feeling and work through any behavior issues you may be experiencing. Bring your animal with you or bring in a photograph.
Rebecca can also communicate with your animal friends that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
Twenty minute and half hour consultations are available—call the store for rates and to schedule your appointment at 262-363-3338.
October Dates for Lakeland Adoptables at EOTL
Lakeland will be visiting End of the Leash Mukwonago 3 times in October with adoptable doggies and kitties!
Friday, October 12th from 1-5pm
Saturday, October 13th from 11-3pm or
Friday, October 26th from 1-5pm
Come and meet these great animals in need of homes from Lakeland Animal Shelter!
Your Friends at End of the Leash
Please remember that us folks at End of the Leash are not veterinarians and no information on our website is intended to replace the indispensable and professional advice of your veterinarian.