9 Tips for a Successful Summer with Your Dog
As always, Dr. Becker has excellent insight on a topic that affects all of us who love to take our furry family members with us wherever we go! Check out her article, "Don't Take Your Dog in Public Without Considering These 9 Pointers."
Here's the story-at-a-glance:
As more and more public places become dog-friendly in recognition that for many of us, dogs are members of the family, the onus is on us to be thoughtful and responsible guardians
During the warmer months of the year, people like to get out and about with their dogs, whether it’s a walk around the neighborhood, a short hike, or a summer vacation
The best way to set yourself and your dog up for a fun, memorable season is to do a bit of pre-planning, and follow some simple canine etiquette guidelines that will make you a hit with other dog lovers and a welcome guest when you go on the road with your canine travel companion.
Come and have fun with us on July 25th!
We're so excited that it's only a little over a week away, and hope you have planned to stop by and visit us in Mukwonago to check out all the awesome events, one-day-only sales, and to enjoy the good company!
In case you have somehow missed the info before, here are all the deets!
First off, we're super excited that Pier Pups will be here with their dock diving tank from 10am-4pm! Check them out at www.pierpups.com to learn more and to register for your own dog to dive at our event. You can also go directly to theMukwonago event registration page to sign up.
To add to the summer fun, we will also have:
- Adoptables from Elmbrook Humane Society, HAWS and Lakeland Animal Shelter (We have partnered with NutriLife to offer 60 of their 5# bags of food at $10 each and 100% of the sales will be donated and divided between Elmbrook, HAWS and Lakeland! Buy some for yourself, or to donate to the shelter of your choice!)
- Animal communication by Carolee of Animal Connections from 11am-2pm (call for appt)
- Auntie Jennie's Barkery from 10am-2pm
- Book signing by Mary Gray, author of "Dixie Doodle the Helper Poodle" from 10-12
- Canine Ice Cream Social with Topping Bar
- Cooling pool for the pooches (brought to you by 3D Greenhouse and Seige Paintball)
- Debbie Karnes from Canine Home School
- Dr. Claudeen McAuliffe with Essfacid
- Face Painting
- Food vendors including Espresso Love Coffee and Mario's Pizza
- Nail Clinic by Nails to Tails
- Pawsitively Nautical Handmade Collars and Leashes
- Sea Pet natural nutritional supplements
- Stella & Chewy's
- Think Pawsitive
And HUGE one-day-only sales!
- $5.00 off all Fromm Foods
- $6.00 off Earthborn 28# grain free varieties
- $3.00 off ProPac Ultimates 28#
- BOGO By Nature Canned dog and cat food
- $5.00 off 3.8# By Nature Cat food
- $10.00 off 22# By Nature Dog food
- $3.00 off Wild Eats Salmon skins
- $1.00 off all Yoghund and Bear and the Rat frozen treats
- 10% off all pet beds
- 20% off the full line of Stella & Chewy's products
- BOGO Look Who's Happy Happy Wraps
- BOGO Look Who's Happy Temptin' Tenders
- BOGO Yummzies treats
- BOGO Lincoln Bark treats
- $4.00 off 15# and $6.00 off 40# Nutri Life Dog food
- PetKind - purchase dry, get canned free
Have you seen Debbie Karnes yet? Get one-on-one dog training at our Mukwonago store!
EOTL Mukwonago is excited to have Debbie Karnes of Canine Home School at our store to offer individual training sessions!
She will be at our store monthly, and her next visit is TOMORROW, Thursday, July 16th from 3-6:30pm.
Call EOTL at 262.363.3338 to schedule a half hour session for you and your dog to work on the problem of your choice with Debbie--for only $30!
From her website:
"I will provide you with the knowledge that you will need to form a long-lasting relationship with your best friend. Using force-free, positive reinforcement training methods you will see how quickly your dog wants to learn."
This Week's Adoptables from HAWS
The lucky family that adopts one of the pets featured here on our blog will receive a coupon from HAWS good for a “congratulations” gift bag from End of the Leash!
To learn more about how to adopt through HAWS, please visit their adoption page. You may also give them a call at 262.542.8851.
Your Friends at End of the Leash
Please remember that us folks at End of the Leash are not veterinarians and no information on our website is intended to replace the indispensable and professional advice of your veterinarian.