Don't Forget Your Valentine!
We have a unique and fun selection of gifts for your human AND 4-legged Valentines! Swing by and check out our variety of treats, toys, dishes, clothes, jewelry and more!
Gotta food monster?
Earlier this week Dr. Karen Becker posted an excellent article on how to slow down that super voracious eater! Her suggestions work well for all types of food.
Here are some links to products we have that can help!
- Kyjen Dog Games Slo-Bowl Feeders
- Planet Dog Orbee Diamond Plate Double-Tuff Dog Toy
- Puzzles and treat dispensers (can use kibble instead of treats!)
Here's the Story-at-a-glance...but be sure to read the full article for all the great advice!
- Most dogs are motivated by food, which is one of the reasons many canine companions eat very fast – sometimes too fast
- Food gulpers run the risk of choking, regurgitating, or developing the condition known as bloat, which can be life threatening
- There are a number of ways to slow the speed at which your dog eats, including the use of puzzle and treat-release toys and slow-feeder bowls
- Dogs can also drink too much water too fast, which can result in a dangerous condition called hyponatremia.
---> Click here for the full article, "What If Your Dog Attacks His Food Like It's His Last Meal on Earth?"
In the next week...
Dr. Witte at Mukwonago EOTL
Dr. Deanna Witte of Witte's Natural Veterinary Care is available for appointments for her next visit to our Mukwonago store on Wednesday, February 17th. See our Store Events to see when she'll be here. Appointments are for 20 minutes and include both consultation and spinal manipulation. Call the store to reserve your spot: 262-363-3338.
Carolee Biddle of Animal Connections
Carolee visits our Mukwonago store monthly! She is next available for appointments on Saturday, February 13th from 11am-3pm.
The cost is $50 for a 20 minute animal communication session. To schedule your appointment, please call us at 262-363-3338.
HAWS Pets of the Week
The lucky family that adopts one of the pets featured here on our blog will receive a coupon from HAWS good for a “congratulations” gift bag from End of the Leash!
To learn more about how to adopt through HAWS, please visit their adoption page. You may also give them a call at 262.542.8851.
Bun Bun is a beautiful adult rabbit. She has a very plush velvety coat.
She will enjoy loving pets and her lucky new owner will enjoy petting her too!
Snow and Brownie are an absolutely adorable little couple! They very tightly bonded and must be adopted together. They will make you smile every day as they snuggle up together and groom each other. Bonded bunnies are twice the joy and fun!
We hope you have an amazing week!
Your Friends at End of the Leash
Please remember that us folks at End of the Leash are not veterinarians and no information on our website is intended to replace the indispensable and professional advice of your veterinarian.